Hazebikers Hazebikers
Forum van de mountainbike club Hazebikers

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

we agreed and he told me he wants to stay

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Hazebikers -> Alles over de mtb-sport
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171

BerichtGeplaatst: 03-12-2019 08:32:21    Onderwerp: we agreed and he told me he wants to stay Reageren met citaat

Jermain Defoe is staying put. Rick Helling Jersey . Toronto FC has rejected multiple transfer bids to send the striker back to the England, meaning the 31-year-old Defoe will finish the MLS season in Toronto. "We received a record transfer offer for Jermain Defoe," said Toronto FC GM Tim Bezbatchenko. "We have declined that offer." "The offer was a record for the club and (close to) the highest offer ever received for MLS but we are committed to our fans and declined it." London-based Queens Park Rangers were believed to be one of the clubs interested in adding Defoe prior to the closing of the European transfer window at 5pm et. QPR manager Harry Redknapp confirmed to BBC Radio 5 Live that the club made a big effort to complete the signing. Defoe, who signed a four-year deal with TFC in January, is the clubs leading scorer for 2014. He has netted 11 goals in 16 league games with the team, good for a share of fifth in the MLS scorers table. "We have a committed player," said Bezbatchenko. "He was frustrated with the course of our team, no doubt. That was one of the reasons we made the (Nelsen) change" The 31-year-old Defoe has battled injuries this season and has missed four of the clubs last five games nursing a groin injury. "We love having Jermain here," said Bezbatchenko. "He has symptoms to a sports hernia & rehabbing. In the next couple of weeks we will see if he needs surgery." The club used Defoe as the anchor of a large-scale marketing campaign to promote its revamped roster heading into the 2014 season. The team labeled the addition of Defoe from BPL club Tottenham Hotspur “A bloody big deal”. "I want to say that this is new to everyone in Toronto, its part of being a big club, being in the mix with big clubs. Its new for us," said Bezbatchenko. "Its important people know we are comfortable with this and having other clubs ask for our players." The news comes amidst a turbulent month for the club. On Aug. 21 Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment CEO Tim Leiweke announced he would be leaving the organization within one year. Leiweke, who was billed as the architect of a new future for many of Torontos sports franchises was one of the driving forces behind FCs 2014 revamp that saw Defoe come to town along with U.S. international Michael Bradley and the early-season loan of Brazilian netminder Julio Cesar. Then, on Sunday, head coach Ryan Nelsen was dismissed along with five assistant coaches. Nelsens dismissal came a day after he publicly criticized general manager Tim Bezbatchenko for calling out the team prior to a 3-0 Saturday loss to New England. Bezbatchenko responded the next day by firing Nelsen and his lieutenants and appointing Academy Director Greg Vanney as the ninth head coach in club history. With the news of Nelsens dismissal, however, came rumours that Defoe could be the next to go. Bezbatchenko admitted in a press conference that the club was considering an offer for their top scorer. While he would not get into details at that conference, he would elaborate afterwards to TSN soccer analysy Kristian Jack. “We are in regular contact with QPR and with Jermain and were figuring out whats best for both the player and for TFC," he told Jack in a 1-on-1 following Vanneys introduction. "He has over-delivered [on my expectations],” Bezbatchenko said of Defoes 2014 performance so far. “Hes been a consummate professional.” He added that any move made to send Defoe out of Toronto would be done only in the best interests of both the player and the club. Harold Ramirez Jersey .com) - Stanley Johnson had 18 points and No. Henderson Alvarez Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Duck Calling With several marquee centres available via trade and expected to be available via free agency, the Anaheim Ducks could be primed to be big players in the coming days. https://www.cheapmarlinsjerseys.us/221r-kurt-miller-jersey-marlins.html . Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko.COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed left wing Nick Foligno to a six-year contract extension worth $33 million through the 2020-21 season.The 27-year-old Foligno has 17 goals and 15 assists in 34 games this season. He came into Wednesday nights game against Minnesota — his 500th NHL contest — tied for sixth in the NHL in goals, tied for 23rd in points, tied for first in power-play goals (9) and tied for second in power-play points (17).This is where I wanted to be, Foligno said after the Blue Jackets 3-1 win over the Wild. I talked to my wife. We love it here. This is where I want to win, where I want to be. Im proud of what weve accomplished and I want to see it through.Foligno had one of the most memorable goals in the franchises first 13 seasons when he scored in overtime to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 4 of a first-round series last spring. The Penguins ended up winning in six games, but the Blue Jackets climbed back from a poor start to make the playoffs while setting team records for wins (43) and points (93) and earning their first two playoff victories.The deal was announced just before Wednesdays game. Pat Rapp Jersey. Pat Morris, Folignos agent, confirmed the terms via an email to The Associated Press.We want players who want to be Blue Jackets, Columbus general manager Jarmo Kekalainen said. I had a conversation with (Foligno) this morning before we agreed and he told me he wants to stay here. He wants to win with us. He wants to continue building the team were trying to build and make it a winner in the National Hockey League.Kekalainen said it was important for the team to sign Foligno, who could have become an unrestricted free agent in the summer, because of the intangibles he brings along with his scoring ability.Its the way he plays, he said. He sticks up for his teammates, he battles, he blocks shots, he plays through injuries and hes a heart-and-soul guy on our team.The Buffalo native came in with 102 goals and 135 assists with 443 penalty minutes with the Blue Jackets and Ottawa Senators. He was acquired from Ottawa for defenceman Marc Methot on July 1, 2012.___Follow Rusty Miller on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RustyMillerAP ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Hazebikers -> Alles over de mtb-sport Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: