Hazebikers Hazebikers
Forum van de mountainbike club Hazebikers

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

where he helped revive his alma maters struggling

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Hazebikers -> Alles over de mtb-sport
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-11-2019 06:16:22    Onderwerp: where he helped revive his alma maters struggling Reageren met citaat

KANSAS CITY, Kan. Chase Anderson Jersey . -- Down to 10 men and behind on the scoreboard, Toronto FC displayed its perseverance. Striker Luke Moores 67th-minute goal erased a 1-0 deficit and defender Bradley Orrs 91st-minute header provided the final equalizer as Toronto salvaged a 2-2 draw on the road against Sporting Kansas City, the reigning Major League Soccer champions. "Youve got to show character in games like this," said striker Jermain Defoe, who transferred to Toronto FC from Tottenham Hotspur during the off-season. "Away from home, its always going to be difficult. But to go down to 10 men a its a show of character to come back on the road and get a point." Already trailing by a goal, Toronto FCs comeback hopes appeared to suffer a severe blow in the 63rd minute when defender Steven Caldwell was sent off for a serious foul after cleating Sporting KC midfielder Toni Dovale in the right groin with a flying challenge. Instead, less than five minutes after the serious foul sent Caldwell to the showers early, Toronto FC (4-4-1) rallied and then did so again after falling behind on Dom Dwyers 84th-minute penalty kick. "The guys had to climb a bit of a mountain, and they did that," said Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen. "What I loved about this, I sat here about a year ago in this same situation when we went down to 10 men and folded like a wet paper bag, to tell you the truth. It was three (goals) going on eight, but we looked very solid today and we got -- through character and determination and battling through all the variables that were thrown against the guys -- what I think was a well-deserved draw." Sporting KC (5-4-3) controlled nearly 68 per cent of the possession and outshot TFC 17-7, but both teams settled for a single point after Orr headed home a chipped volley by fellow defender Nick Hagglund in the dying minutes. "We didnt play very well, but we were solid," Nelsen said. He did take exception to referee Baldomero Toledo sending off Caldwell for spiking midfielder Toni Dovale in the right groin on a flying challenge. "I didnt think I went in with any malicious attempt or excessive force," Caldwell said. "I won the ball clearly and felt he came into me. It always looks worse than what it was. I go, I see the ball and try and win it. I did win it and I felt it was very unfortunate and extremely disappointed to have let the team down and be sent off." Still, Toronto FC persevered. Defoe set the game-tying goal in motion by charging directly down the guts of the field after a midfield turnover by Sporting KC. Splitting three defenders, Defoe slipped a ball forward into the box for Moore, who wheeled around for a one-time left-footed drive that beat Sporting KC goalkeeper Eric Kronberg. Toronto FC went down a goal again in the 84th minute when Dwyer scored his MLS-leading 10th goal on a penalty kick. Toronto FC defender Doneil Henry knocked Sporting KC right back Igor Juliao to the ground in the box, conceding his fourth penalty kick of the season. Goalkeeper Joe Bendik -- who finished with three saves, including a critical pair on second-half rockets by Sporting KC midfielder Paulo Nagamura -- guessed correctly and dove right, but Dwyers drive was too strong. Toronto FC wasnt finished, however. "We never gave up, even when we got the penalty," said Defoe, who notched his first MLS assist on Moores goal. "We kept our heads. Its a difficult place to come. They are a good team. They pass the ball, they keep the ball, have good movement and are really athletic. I think tonight was all about character. "On a different day, maybe we would have gotten a little luck and won it at the end. But I think to show character and to come back was special. There are a lot of positives we can take out of the game tonight." Devon White Blue Jays Jersey . Nat Borchers headed in the sole goal in the 54th minute, getting on the end of a Kyle Beckerman free kick. The defeat cost Sporting top spot in the Eastern Conference. Even a draw would have moved the Kansas City club above Columbus. Alfredo Griffin Blue Jays Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. https://www.cheapbluejays.com/2226h-r-a-dickey-jersey-blue-jays.html . They probably ruined Tim Duncans hopes of a career change, though. Duncan wants to be a point guard, coach Gregg Popovich revealed Saturday, a wish that wont be granted.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Doug Marrone probably didnt envision this when he walked away from the Buffalo Bills last month.After interviewing for at least three NFL head coaching jobs, Marrone landed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as assistant head coach and offensive line coach Tuesday.He interviewed with the New York Jets, the Chicago Bears and the Atlanta Falcons, and also was considered in the mix in Denver, but didnt get a single offer — not as head coach or offensive co-ordinator.So he ended up in Jacksonville, where hes returning to his roots as an O-line coach.Its a great opportunity, Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley said from the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. Had a great visit with him. Its been a process that we tried to evaluate every piece that we can. We wanted to uncover every stone, lift it and check it all out, and I think its been a really good process.Marrone replaces George Yarno, who left the team last June to begin cancer treatment. Assistant Luke Butkus served as the interim line coach this season.With two rookies and two second-year players starting on the line, the Jaguars gave up a franchise-record 71 sacks. Two days after the season ended, Bradley said he expected Yarno to return in 2015.Clearly, something changed.Bradley interviewed Marrone last week. The Jaguars, who are coaching the South team at the Senior Bowl this week, still need to hire an offensive co-ordinator.Bradley met with six candidates for the job, which opened when Jedd Fisch was fired after the season. Oakland offensive co-ordinator Greg Olson and former Denver offensive co-ordinator Adam Gase appear to be finalists for the opening.No major decisions have been made yet, Bradley said. Were still going through that, the process with that, but hopefully itll come together sooon. Vernon Wells Jersey. The Jaguars will sell Marrones hiring as a home run, being able to get someone with his experience to help steer a young offence.Just about everyone else will see it as Marrone making a questionable choice to leave Buffalo.Co-Bills owner Terry Pegula said he was shocked, by Marrones abrupt departure on New Years Eve. Safety Aaron Williams blasted Marrone in a tweet, posting Lost all respect!!Running back Fred Jackson referred to Rex Ryan as an upgrade at coach. And Ryan said during his introductory news conference that the Bills deserve to have a loyal coach — a clear shot at Marrone.Marrone stepped down after leading the Bills to a 9-7 record. It was the teams first winning season since 2004.An opt-out clause in Marrones contract was triggered when Pegula and his wife, Kim, bought the team in October. The club was sold after Hall of Fame owner Ralph Wilson died in March.Marrone went 15-17 in Buffalo. He was hired after four seasons at Syracuse, where he helped revive his alma maters struggling program.Marrone spent seven seasons in the NFL (2002-0Cool before becoming a college head coach. He served as offensive co-ordinator for New Orleans (2006-0Cool, and was offensive line coach for the New York Jets for four seasons before that.What he brings to the table is experience, Bradley said. Hes had a great background with the offensive line. Hes a developmental coach and hes proven that over the years that he coached the offensive line with things that he did when he was in New Orleans, and just the impact hes had even in Buffalo and Syracuse. I think thats what we need with our offensive line.___AP Sports Writer John Wawrow in Buffalo, New York, contributed to this report.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Hazebikers -> Alles over de mtb-sport Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: